WRITTEN BY INSTRUCTOR IDALIZ SEYMOUR
Keep Your Gloves Clean in 6 Easy Steps:
Kickboxing gloves add flare to your workout, but they can also get nasty without proper care. If you often cringe at the thought of festering bacteria building a warm, moist resort-sized home in your gloves, then fear no more! I have the perfect solution to help keep your gloves clean and odor-free.
- Mix a solution of equal parts water, baking soda and vinegar in a spray bottle. Spray the solution inside and outside of your gloves. The combination will safely (and naturally) kill existing bacteria as well as absorb moisture and odors.
- Thoroughly dry the inside of the gloves with a clean rag or paper towel.
- Don’t forget to dry the outside!
- Lightly coat the inside of the gloves with a disinfecting spray such as, Lysol. Allow to dry.
- If there are any lingering odors, use an odor eliminator such as Febreze.
- Leave velcro straps open and allow them to dry completely in a well-ventilated area.
More Glove Care Tips:
- Use Glove Dogs between washes to absorb moisture. See your instructor to get yours!
- Allow gloves to completely dry after every use. This procedure will help prevent mold and nasty odors.
- Do not leave them out in the sun. This can cause the material on the outside of the gloves to crack.
- Between washes, you can leave a dryer sheet inside each glove to mask odors.
See you in class!
For more information on I Love Kickboxing Loganville, visit here for kickboxing and martial art classes.